Established in 1984, the Tipex Group (“Tipex”) is a subsidiary of PSC Corporation Ltd and is one of the major distributors of tissue paper products in Singapore and Malaysia. Our business is focused on manufacturing, sales and distribution, brand management and marketing of our proprietary paper brands as well as agency brands. Some of the household brands include Beautex, Mood, Hibis, Comfy and Parity.
In 2007, Beautex was featured in the Singapore Book of Records for being the first local paper brand to launch a complete range of three-ply premium paper products.
In Singapore, we serve not only the retail sector but also the vast institutional sector (HORECA). Over the years, we have managed to expand our distribution network across the border to Australia, Brunei, India, Maldives, New Zealand, Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, USA and Vietnam. Besides paper products, we also supply washroom hygiene products such as cleaning agents and dispensers.
Being one of the key players in providing private labels and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) services, our paper products are manufactured by our Malaysia subsidiary – Tips Industry (M) Sdn Bhd. Tips Industry is certified with ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, HACCP, ISO22000 and FSC-COC. With stringent procedures and operating systems in place, we are committed to ensure consistent and quality products are supplied to our customers.
To be the leader in quality consumer products, improving the lifestyles of families and individuals with Tipex, you
- Get variety
- Enjoy value
- Live Better
- Building a product portfolio to surpass our competitors and delivering variety and value
- Living our brand as a regional leader
- Achieving efficiency and effectiveness in our processes
- Delivering superior returns to our shareholders
- Tipex Trading Pte Ltd was incorporated as a grocery distributor to supply house brand items to Econ mini-marts, a franchise chain in Singapore
- Launched Beautex and created the signature tulip motif
- Launched proprietary brands - Mood and Hibis
- Set up its own tissue paper converting plant, Tips Industry, in Malaysia
- Expanded into institutional sales
- First in Singapore to introduce toilet rolls in a 3-pack combo
- First in Singapore to introduce 3-ply for box tissues, pocket tissues and toilet rolls
- Introduced kitchen towels into its portfolio
- First in South East Asia to introduce coloured kitchen towels under Beautex
- First in Singapore to introduce 6-pack pocket tissues under the Beautex brand
- During the SARS period, Tipex introduced a nationwide effort to educate Singaporeans on the importance of maintaining good hygiene; 20,000 Beautex box tissues were placed in taxis
- Beautex won the Superbrands Award from 2004 to 2007 and in 2009
- Beautex was featured in the Singapore Book of Records in 2007 as the first in Singapore to launch a complete range of premium and economical 3-ply tissue products
- In 2009, Beautex became the No. 1 facial tissue brand in Singapore with the biggest market share in terms of sales value according to AC Nielsen
- Tipex collaborated with Moove Media in the Moove Love Campaign; Tipex printed the widely recognized Moove cows on Beautex Boxes to raise money for the Home Nursing Foundation
- Tipex organised the first “Life is Beautiful” Art Competition; a national level drawing competition in support of The Strait Times School Pocket Money Fund
- The company changed its name from Tipex Trading Pte Ltd to Tipex Pte Ltd, along with the Tipex logo to modernise and strengthen the image of the company
- Tipex Pte Ltd took over distribution for Pet Pet and Fitti diapers
- Tipex acquired the licensing rights from Sanrio to use Mr Men and Little Miss (MMLM) characters, created for a series of children's books by Roger Hargreaves in 1971, on its product packaging.
- Tipex was appointed the exclusive distributor of reputable Australian brand – MR CLEAN – household products in Singapore.
- Tipex launched Ichiryu, a premium range of 4-ply products that are highly absorbent and soft.
- Besides its signature “Life is Beautiful” Art Competition, Tipex collaborated with the Rainbow Centre to launch limited-edition Beautex tissue boxes that featured colourful artworks drawn by the children.
- On 7 Jun 2015, in conjunction with the 7th Beautex Art Competition, Beautex was featured in the Singapore Book of Records for the largest logo (SG50 logo) created by tissue boxes at Causeway Point shopping mall. A total of 1,600 “pen-a-wish for Singapore” on our special SG50 tissue box were used to build this big stage backdrop measuring 2.7m x 6.1m!
- 2016: Launched the new bamboo pulp facial box tissue
- 2017: Collaborated with Cheng San CC & organised the 9th Beautex Art Competition with theme “Walk, Cycle, Ride”. The proceeds ($30,182.80) were donated to appointed beneficiary – MINDs (Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore).
- 2018: Launched mixed pulp toilet paper (sugar cane + recycled pulp) and expanded into major e-commerce platforms (developed e-commerce packs)
- 2019: Appointed distributor for Eye Mo for the general retail trade in Singapore
- Due to Covid-19, the annual art competition was cancelled and Beautex launched a special-edition box tissue themed “Together, we will fight for a healthier nation” with $15,000 donated to Community Chest Singapore.
- Developed new product range: Lotion Tissue/ Anti-Bacterial Facial Tissue
- Increased our digital presence and created more sales leads
- Distributed Covid-19 essential products – sanitizers, anti-bacterial wipes, masks etc.
- Beautex underwent a revamp of its visual identity and packaging, removing tulip motifs from its packaging
- Beautex launched several new products throughout the year, including:
- 4-ply premium range of soft and quality paper products,
- Hypoallergenic and good quality baby wipes, alcohol wipes, anti-bacterial wipes and wet floor wipes
- 4-in-1 laundry capsules in tub and refill packs
- Foaming handwash, floor cleaning liquid, and dishwashing liquid
- Beautex received Top Brand Excellence and People’s Choice Awards at the Fairprice Excellence Awards
- Tipex was appointed the exclusive distributor for Kit Cat (an award-winning homegrown cat food brand) products for the modern and general retail trade for Singapore